Friday, February 14, 2014

14 FEB. 14

SNOWCATION!

I am not too sure that we are south of the sun anymore.  May have been some sort of cosmic shift in the last three days.  But we have seen it, dealt with it and conquered it!

Thirty two this morning and the melt begins. I understand that there is black ice on the roads which is another reason to make this morning, at least, day three of the 2014 Snowcation.

I did do a bit of a walk-about yesterday and made a couple of images.  Here is the obligatory "Down the Street Shot"!


Doesn't look too bad.  But that's mostly sleet and ice and not so much snow.

You must remember, this is not an annual occurrence down here.  So at best it is a semi, big, deal weather event.  We are fortunate however.  Not a lot of ice on trees and power lines and no outages for us. 

 I did get a bit creative with a poor Harry Lauder Walking Stick tree in the side yard surrounded by snow, ice, sleet and mush.


It's a small tree, but the twists and turns proved to much for this eye and I had to make an image.  I think I like the black and white version the best and you will likely see it on the website soon. 

Some old dried grass became the next victim to the old Nikon!  A formidable weapon!


This minimalistic image will also make it's way into the site.  Looks more like a child's scribble on a white wall than a photograph.  But then again it seems to be a tasteful scribble! 

 Stay safe my friends and I leave you with this thought!


The globe will warm again!





No comments:

Post a Comment