Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2 12 14

SOUTHERN EXPOSURE

The second something fall of the winter season is hitting us here south of the Sun.  This time mostly sleet, freezing rain and a little snow thrown in just for fun.


My family and friends in the north will look at this and say...no big deal.  Well, OK so it's no big deal and I agree .... Now!  But if we get the one half to an inch of ice it will be a big deal.  A little over 20,000 outages reported so far, but it is early as this thing is planned for overnight and into tomorrow morning.

I think I would rather have two feet of snow before an inch of ice.  Our big problem will be power outages if they get what the weather guru's predict.  But we have lots of water and food.  Wood for the fireplace, propane for the grill and enough ammo to fight off the looters.  So bring it on!


As of ten this morning all we have seen is one car (a cop I hope) and one walker.  Glad I took tracking 101 back in high school or I might have missed this.  Here's to all my friends down here.  Stay safe.  Stay home.  Make sure your chain saws are well lubricated and enjoy what Mom Nature has in store for us.


2 comments: