Wednesday, February 5, 2014

5 FEB 14

"MAKING A SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOWS EAR!"

Where in the world do old sayings like that come from.  I suppose if I had more time I would look it up and find some really interesting story to relate about how it came about.  I could "Google" it!  Ten years ago, what the heck was a Google?  Think about that.  "Google it!"  It's like back in the day....Dick Tracy had a wrist watch telephone.  And we all thought that was super, distant, imagination, sci fi!  Well which came first ... the cartoon or the technology?

About 45 degrees here south of the Sun and raining pretty nicely.  Gray, over cast, crummy type of day where photographers go out and try to make a purse.


I know that my friends up north are just now shoveling out of the latest winter droppings and getting ready for the next one later in the week or week end.  To say that I miss it is sort of like another of those sayings.  "A Love Hate Relationship."   I would love to be up there making pictures but hate all that responsibility of having to deal with it.  No, I do not miss having to shovel out three or four separate properties before work each day.  I do miss "Getting up with the Cows" to go out and photograph Gods artistic hand with the white stuff.  It is truly amazing what a decent snow storm does for the appearance of some of the worst scenes.  Making them into a fairy land of nature's artistic vision.  It's like trying to capture the excitement of the kids waking up to no school with the same enthusiasm as that of a Christmas morning.  I miss that too!

Of course we photographers are kinda a separate breed when it comes to our craft.  We can be sort of like that old saw about "Well yes officer I saw that he was going to shoot himself...but I thought it more appropriate to keep on photographing him rather than intervening to save him".  Or "Go ahead and jump."  It'll make the six o'clock segment on the news.  "Everybody loves a good train wreck."  But man if I could get in on film...!

So an ice storm is really fun too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment