Featured Post

THE LAST BLAST!

You probably have noticed that there has not been a posting on this blog is some time.  There is a reason for that.   I have started an...

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another 11Th day of the 10Th month of the year of the OP


I"m Baaaaaaaaack!

Started to walk again on the Riverwalk yesterday when I did about a mile and half. Felt good and today did about three miles.

First time since about last May that I have been down there. I guess that they're right...............What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.
At least I hope!

Probably overdoing it, but wanted to see some of the old spots that I like down there.
I am not power walker.

Slouth-like might be a more accurate description.

Or maybe a stalker.....looking for things of interest and to photograph (no not the ladies).

What I lack in speed and cardio exercise or build up, I make up for in distance. At least that's my take on the whole thing.

Saw only a few of my old friends because it was a weekend. That means I had more time to walk, and not obligatory chat time . The serious walkers have other things to do on Saturday and Sunday.

The weekend jog, walk, run, skip, crowd was out and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I guess they figure that if they exercise only on weekends, the Monday through Friday desk work won't hurt em.
Did see a couple of fishermen on the river but no finny friends came to the hook and line. A couple of guys were releasing a possum that they had live trapped somewhere. I guess they had enough for dinner and this one seemed a little small. Although, it would probably have been fairly tender............Yuuuuuuuuuuck! Like the man said, "Never had it and don't want it again"!

I saw nothing of photographic impact but that too will change over time and I still think that this five mile stretch of walkway is one of the best ways to spend tax dollars. But then I am biased in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment