Monday, September 5, 2011

The fifth day of the ninth month

Well, I have been delinquent.  MIA.  Writer's block.  Lazy.  Haven't written in a few days which has been duly noted by some of my more astute readers.

On Saturday past, day before yesterday, two days ago, we visited the local zoo for a feeding.  No not us, but the baby Toucans born July 16th.  These are the "Fruit Loop" birds.  They have bills almost as big as their bodies.


Of course when one photographs through screening a coupled of things happen, both of which make the photograph almost worthless.  But we keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome.  Yeah, I know what that means.  Remember this is not my first attempt at being cute.  As you can see when compared to the adult bird, the "Little" guys do not have the coloration of the adult and therefore do not qualify for the cover of a cereal box.



Different screen, same outcome!  Mom  or Pop.  I don't know where to look on a toucan to tell the difference.

My labor day weekend on the blog is building and there will be more silliness to come tomorrow, but I leave you with an image of one of my favorite critters at the zoo.



Remember to double click on the image for full screen which actually does work a whole lot better on the elephant image because there is no screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment