Saturday, October 15, 2011

The 15th day of the tenth month of the year of Emergence

SOUTH CAROLINA STATE FAIR

Yesterday we went to the fair.  Our annual trek to see if the old man (me) will get on to some insane rides designed to raise the blood pressure of teenagers who are already apparently out there on something and certainly do not need more stimuli.  Me, my morning Pikes Place Roast is enough to insure that the blood is still moving at some acceptable rate somewhere in my body.

Well, my grand kids will be snickering about the two rides in which I did partake.  The first was senior citizen appropriate.  At least to the point that the operator said that they would hold my cane until I departed the thing.  My annual Ferris Wheel loop de loop.


This is one of the slides where a ten year old is in an absolute screaming delight,  and can do with an ice cream cone in his hand and not spill a drop.  I, on the other hand simply want to throw up.



Of course if you are an over aged, overachiever, seasoned citizen, this is the only way to look at this thing.  From the top down.


 People at the bottom just could not understand my screams of abject fear.  Three quarters of the way down the old inner ear kicks in..............now that's a ride. (The ear that is)



Sheri caught my "Oh I will enjoy this" expression.  Whether I want to or not.   Not so totally trusting as to why I would ever end up six stories up in the air in some plastic bucket with her laughing at my trepidations.  Not happy but not tooooo scared.  But certainly ready to get down and partake of all the Carnival grease sold in the form of congealed pork chop on a stick and french fries.

  Pass the Prilosec please.



No comments:

Post a Comment