Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The 25th day of the second month of the year of the owl pellet




Today was the first day in about ten days that the temperature got above fifty degrees and hence I had a chance to walk about four miles on the RiverWalk. Good to get active again and even took the fishing rod with me. Just wanted to see if I could educate a bass or two. I think they have all graduated as I didn't see a fish.

Lord, I hope I don't have to depend upon my skills with a fishing rod to put food on the table. The way the politicians are running the economy ..... hunting, fishing, and a victory garden may become a necessity. I understand that there is a nationwide shortage of ammunition, and I am off to Lowes to buy seeds for the garden before they run out. The key words here are that the government is trying to run the economy.........so much for free market enterprise! Am I the only one in the country who thinks that we need to vote to get rid of the entire congress and replace them with all with ninth graders?

The cedar wax wings are still in great flocks on the walk, and are eating berries in amazing numbers. If one is a bit stealthy and stands still enough, long enough, dozens of them will swarm around.

I also noted that the Bloodroot is now blooming. There is only one small spot of these flowers along the entire 5 miles of the walk. The root of this plant has long been used by the native Americans for it's medicinal use. This is the Wikepedia website for Bloodroot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodroot

No comments:

Post a Comment