Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The tenth day of the second month of the year of the owl pellett


It's been ten or eleven days since I last put the technological pen to ethereal paper. Each year as my children age, it seems harder and harder for me to shake a cold. There is nothing at all "COMMON" about my common cold. After all it is MINE.....Jeeeeeeeeez. New drugs and lots of them still don't make me feel any better and at the risk of whining (let alone spelling it right), I have watched enough television so as to be bleeding from my eyes. It seems that no amount of sleep, rest, drugs, complaining or the Obama administration can cure this thing. It is getting better, so I guess Obama's speech in St. Petersburg, Fla is having it's effect. When my parents were alive (Bless Them), they lived in that grey city, with its big grey cars, and little grey people driving them. Couldn't see over the dash board. I'm sorry but I am a capitalist. A not so wealthy one, but I am a self employed capitalist. One guy wanted Obama to pay for his unemployment because it was not as much as he was making when he was working. Duh! That's why it's called unemployment. Another wanted him to Ensure (that's an old people's drink isn't it?) that she get a new car and a kitchen. They loved him! Are you people all NUTS? Another (college student, which answers my question right there) could not understand why the Govt. did not make sure that his unemployed and pregnant girlfriend did not have better benefits from "his" job at Mickey Dee's. The guy at the top of this page has got to be really questioning what it was he fought for. I guess that I will just have to take my self employed butt over and get me some unemployment!

2 comments:

  1. Skip, is that military man Larry Crouch or just a twin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That indeed is Military man Larry at either the Rock Hall 4th parade or a Tea Party parade.

    ReplyDelete