Thursday, July 8, 2010

The 8th day of the 7th month in the year of the Camellia

MARITIME FESTIVAL IN NORTH WILDWOOD, NJ ON THE 17TH & 18TH

Just a note for newcomers.  If you left click on the images on the blog, they will become screen size and much sharper.  The images are all copyrighted by me and if you use them commercially without my permission in writing, I will send out thugs from the Jersey Shore to Break-a-u-legs.  I hope you recognize tongue in cheek, but please don't steal them.  Just email me for use and I will charge you exorbitant prices for one time use.
I told you all earlier that I would drive you all nuts with talking about this show.  But again it's my blog!
And you all are invited to join and follow the blog and certainly encouraged to joins us at the show.  I understand there will be over fifty booths of artists and artisans.

The show will be held in a little part of N. Wildwood called Angle Sea.  An Irish conclave at the southern end of the Hereford Inlet.  A family place, so bring the kids.  It has all the things a beach town is expected to have, but if you want the Honkey Tonk (do they still use that term?) you have to go into Wildwood proper.

  This lighthouse is extraordinary in that it is a Victorian house complete with amazing Victorian gardens leading to the edge of a lagoon overlooking the inlet and the ocean. 



This is the view from the light tower, which unfortunately is not open to the public.  The rest of the lighthouse will be open to tours.

 It is one of those places where local folks go to watch the sun rise, evening develop over the ocean, or just to sit and contemplate their navels. 



Those are Norfolk Daisey's in bloom.  It is a special place which I have enjoyed for ten years now, and the friendships developed there will last a lifetime.




No comments:

Post a Comment