Saturday, February 5, 2011

The fifth day of the second month of the year of emergence

I have been a bit lax of late in making entries on this blog.  Just not the inspiration and I cannot imagine those that must come up with an article every day for newspapers and other publications.  It gives one a whole new viewpoint and a certain amount of respect for those people who publish legitimate newsworthy stuff.

Inspiration, at least for me, comes from a great number of different places and things.  Yesterday, I was in my favorite greeting card place (the supermarket) looking for valentine's cards for my grands.

Now, this is not a simple matter for a person who honestly believes that Valentines day was created by the Hallmark Card company as another way to sell cards.  No cynicism here!

It's a wonder that they haven't caught onto groundhog day yet.  Hey "Happy ground hogs day".  "Yeah thanks, there's now going to be six more years of winter."  "Right, have a good one!"  Oh, and I spent $3.95 for a piece of paper and envelope for you.  Send it to the Corporate Treasurers office and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!  OK, maybe I am a little cynical, but I did put a good bit into choosing just the right cards for each of them.

Seriously, it's gotten so that if you don't have a card for each loved one, chocolates, roses, and diamonds-----well, your viewed as being right up there with most serial killers and ranking below used car salesmen and lawyers.

Well, I do have four good excuses to go out a file for a second mortgage to buy four cards for my grands.  I mean who could resist with kids like my kids have.  I love them all, but am especially fond of a young lady who was born in 1999.  This is Emily!



If any of my grand kids will ever end up in the public eye, this will be the one.  Got a mind of her own which she exercises when she wants and not when someone else wants.  She probably has a little bit of me in her in that respect.  Lord help her she'll probably become a politician, go to Hollywood, or walk the walk of a model.  Love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment