Monday, February 7, 2011

The seventh day of the second month of the year of Emergence

On my last entry I had the chance to talk a little bit about family and that got me to thinking that I have to get back to working on the family tree.  My sister is bugging me about the work I have done in the past, which is incomplete, and my son has all of a sudden taken an interest.  So this past weekend, instead of super bowl preparations I worked on the tree.  I have concluded that I am going to do a good job on it and follow all the branches back to when we lived in them.


The first "Willits" was born in 1618 and immigrated to this country from England.  So I have to go back a bit further to find the fellow in this photo.  I don't know how we got to Florida, along the Silver River, where I photographed this wild ancestor.  I understand he and some of his family escaped a movie set back in the 40's.  Probably a Tarzan movie.  Wow, I may be related to someone who actually worked with Tarzan....imagine that! 



You know, most people have horse thieves and other famous criminals in their closets.  Me, I got monkeys!  I guess I'll have to get a lot further back than the 17th century to find out. 



I think that I would much prefer to be the way way distant offspring of this fellow at Disney in Florida.  He is much more intimidating than the really wild ancestors in the first two photos. 

And, he must have negotiated a great contract with those in Walt's family tree.  Much higher up on the food chain.  Yeah, maybe that's where I'll find the rest of the family after all they are so much bigger and obviously smarter.  Not that I am related to Walt Disney in any way, but I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment