Wednesday, February 1, 2012

THE FIRST OF THE SECOND

I give up! 

 It was pushing 80 here yesterday and no sign of anything winter in central South Carolina. 

I thought all the hot air in the state would automatically leave when the republican primary moved to Florida, but I guess not. 

So the only thing to do is think of the beach.  Places I would like to be right now.  North of here the beaches are "Off season" and that is my time.  No people, good sky for the most part and great photo ops.


This place is a gem!

 Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware.  Yup, lower slower Delaware to quote a friend of mine.  This is the Bay side of the spit of land which is mostly scrub brush and sand.  There are two lighthouses here, a lot of walking trails and just good old fashioned nice scenery.  The place is not hard to find on a map and withing driving distance of most Maryland and Delaware cities.  Even a big time ferry ride is available between Lewis, DE and Cape May, NJ. 


The ocean side of the park sports some pretty impressive dunes and enough beach to handle the summer crowds.  But in the fall through the spring it's, for the most part,  just the gulls and occasional beach nut like me out there.  If either one of these images really grabs you, they can be purchased on my FFA site which is advertised on this blog to the excess.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment