Saturday, August 18, 2012

THE 18TH OF THE 8TH

Schools start next week in most places.
  School...Really?
Does it seem to you that time seems to be moving faster these days?

That's sorta like asking if you can cry under water.
Maybe Bill Gates and Apple have teamed up and are conspiring on some kind of time machine.  Maybe they are running marketing tests that we all don't know about.  That must be it.  At least that's my story and I am sticking to it.

But it does seem my days go by with the speed of light.  Well wait a minute, when you think about it they really do.


I thought it was just spring!
And the snow melt was still going on.
I mean like yesterday!


But pretty soon it'll time to go chasing the fall colors somewhere.


And God, it's already after ten in the morning.  A minute ago it was only seven!

It was only yesterday when my daughter was crawling up to a wall outlet and reaching with all that curiosity a small child can muster.  I was right behind her sneaking up unseen and as she reached I screamed unseen but certainly heard.  She must have jumped two feet....but never tried to touch another.  Last week she took her daughter off to college.  When did all that happen?

Well, it's time for another cup of Pike Place Roast....or is it my third?  I guess my bladder will tell me.

1 comment:

  1. I can't yet imagine a granddaughter or grandson of college age (my oldest are 9)but, like you, I know too well how fast time passes. I mean, how can my grandkids be 9 years old already and in 4th grade? That time confusion is made worse by feeling like I've shed 20 years since the hip replacement!

    ReplyDelete