Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4 24 13

CHAPTER 3
 

 
"My God Lilbits, that song is enough to wake the dead.  Can't you wait till the rest of us are awake before you rattle the forest?"
 
"But Louis, I am full of field mice, in a good mood, and besides my music is the finest in all the forest.  I have been hunting and gorging all night and am headed back to the owl woods for a good day's nap.  Uncle Julius is already on his perch in the old sycamore tree on the hillside by the path.  It has been a good night indeed and I am late in returning.  I spent way too much time this morning watching the otters play on the upper end of the walk.  Now they know how to make their day go by quicker...always full of fun and frolic and never indulging in any of those human behavior skills like jealousy, depression or anger.  Just a fun bunch."

"OH, Hi Charles and how are you this fine morning?"

"Wide awake, thank you very much Bits. You're worse than all the roosters over at the chicken plant with that call.  Can't you go somewhere and take some voice lessons?"

"Why would someone with a voice as good as mine need lessons you twit!  I am the "Voice of the North!"

"But this is the South.  And don't you dare wake Raucous this early.  The din would be unbearable to those of us with any sophistication at all.  And where is Uncle Julius speaking of sophistication, I have some questions of him regarding the behavior of those humans?"



"If you had been awake,  I told Louis that Uncle was back on his perch.  Which is where I should be instead of dawdling with the likes of you two."



 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment