Wednesday, June 26, 2013

JUNE 26, 2013

I have not been writing for the last month because of a major change in computers.  Now with more power, less glitches, less swearing at the ether, some new ideas......I'M BACK!  Some would say full of vim, vigor, and copious amounts of BS.

In the coming weeks there will be some major additions to the website and a few additions to the blog site which will include offering some new product like my photos on Elvis rugs, mugs, drinking bottles, pencils, coasters, billboards and the like.  As you can see my sarcasm has not been disturbed by my lack of postulating drivel and drab.

The previous header used here has been replaced by a digital concoction consisting of a lighthouse at night placed upon a scene, also a night, from Assateague Island in Virginia.  Frankly, I just liked the sky and had to used it somehow.  At any rate the lighthouse branding efforts will continue, so spread the word!

I am in the process of scanning around 5,000 slides to be used to fill out the website and I am truly amazed at the amount and quality of stuff I found in the archives.  I hope that you all will have the chance to enjoy the work in the weeks ahead.  So much for the desk work.

I have had no new adventures or flights of fantasy other than walks on the Riverwalk and a few shots which I found mildly interesting.  Next week I will have some images of a new section of the walk to be opened on Friday at 9:00 am.  I am sure you all will want to accompany me in staggering along this new section.  Even if vicariously!  I am not sure how long the entire Riverwalk will be now, but I would bet that five miles of boardwalk and concrete would be pretty close.  I will have to pack my knapsack with sustenance and water and try to do the entire length.  Sort of like preparing to walk the Appalachian trail.  A fantasy of mine that will never get fulfilled.

One can see one of the two railroad bridges across the Congaree River through the summer explosion of jungle growth. Walkers can take all kinds of flights of fantasy in the ninety degree heat and seven hundred percent humidity that makes this stuff grow right before your eyes.  Reminds me that I have some work in the back yard.  The tomato plants are now seven feet high.  Great stalks but not much fruit!




                                             Good night Paula Dean wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment