Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30th 2013


59 YEARS AGO


My father bought his first property on the Chesapeake Bay around 1954.  This is where I spent summers until I was old enough and wise enough to move there myself.  This 1989 image can be read from left to right, top to bottom as,

The bay
Swan Point
Tavern Creek
Swan Creek
Rock Hall on the right and
The bay on the left.

He ended up owning three properties over the years on the entrance to Swan Creek in a little community called Gratitude.  A lot of my early professional, photographic activity was centered around this locale and my love for the bay area is never ending despite all my travels along the east coast.  And a lot of the really good memories were formed in the places in that picture.  I had a little 14 foot runabout boat with a 15 horse power Mercury engine that took my friends and I all over that bay.  Many's the time we saw green water come over the bow of that boat in rough seas.  It's a wonder we didn't kill ourselves in that boat, but God protects little kids a drunks for some reason.  I for one am very glad he does.  Happy Sunday all!




2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!!Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Foxie, probably more to come depending upon my mood....lol!

    ReplyDelete