Sunday, July 5, 2009

The fifth day of the seventh month of the year of the OP


THE FLIGHT OF A HUMMER

I always said that I would rather be lucky than good! Whilst making frames in my workshop, I noticed this humming bird feeding on the lantana. Like most wild game and birds, this one was intent of feeding and I was able to move up close enough to make this image.

The trick is having the patience to get close enough without spooking the bird. Just fun shots that I cropped pretty tightly. The images were made in Cayce, SC in 2006 in the early afternoon.

I do make my own frames from exotic and fine woods. Flat and broad frames which show considerable grain that compliment the image and matt that I am going to choose. I use mostly fine walnuts and oak, while refinishing antique frames consistent with the images I use. Expensive of course, but signed and dated for the discriminating collector of fine goods.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great shot, Skip. My lantana is puny right now, but maybe one day we'll have plenty of hummingbirds and butterflies flitting through the yard because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat stuff Aubrey, wish we had more of the hummers

    ReplyDelete