Friday, July 31, 2009

The last day of the seventh month of the year of the OP


This is kind of a cute image which I sold last year at the Easton Waterfowl Festival in Easton Maryland. God willing I'll be back there in November this year for my 20th year.

http://www.waterfowlfestival.org/

The image is obviously digitally enhanced and no it did not take months to get that bird to land on the cocktail glass of black oil sunflower seed.

The glass was a table top I did specifically with the bird image in mind. The bird was taken on my back yard feeder which is set up primarily for photography and the neighborhood cats.

I framed it in a hand made and signed 3" black gloss frame with a double white matt...all in a 10x10 square format. I understand it hangs today in a loft in Soho in New York City, and am pleased with that. So Barnam was right, there is a sucker born every minute.

Photography does take some planning and yes stumbling on something fantastic is always nice and I would rather be lucky than good at times. But when something comes together such as this, it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment