Monday, January 25, 2010

The 25th day of the first month of the year of the Camellia


EXERCISE OR SOCIALIZE?


This is one of the all time serious questions concerning mankind.


Forget politics and religion. This is a core question we all need to answer.


Since the weather has warmed here, I am back out on the Riverwalk trying to get my "Exercise" in for the day.


Exercise is good and but so is socializing. There seems to me to be a bit of a conflict betwixt the two.


This is also the Palmetto state, so that explains the photograph I took today.


But back to the perplexing problem. I go to the Riverwalk to get my exercise. Today about a mile and half. I have got to get that back up to three or four a day but that is part of the problem.


The first diversion was a wonderful German fellow with whom I speak for extended periods of time.....all good natured fun. However, it takes about fifteen minutes. So walk for a few hundred yards and talk for fifteen minutes.


Today he was with three other people. One of which had just had heart surgery and was trying to mend himself. Well of course you have to compare injuries, or ailments, or at least medications. That's an age thing my friends. Another ten minutes. I reported that I had had my piggy flu vaccine and the gentlemen said "Oh, that's not good". It seems his doctor said not to do it if you had any kinda heart condition. Of course I had a stint put into my chest last August, so this information was certainly timely....Not to worry!


Then comes along one of the policemen, who ride their golf carts up and down the walkway protecting the innocent. Another ten minutes of conversation. I told him that a friend of mine in Maryland had gotten his first deer of the year using a 2009 Hyundai Sante Fe and I had congratulated him on his choice of rifles. Duh! And I thought that it was some kind of new Remington fire arm.


Just got a text message which solves my short term problem with all that. Cayce Riverwalk is now closed until further notice because of high water and flooding.


Boy the Gods conspire to keep us from our due diligence!


At any rate, it is good to be walking and photographing again.


Even if it did take me an hour and half to walk only a mile and a half. Tomorrow I swim!


No comments:

Post a Comment