Sunday, January 31, 2010

The 31st and last day of the first month of the year of the Camellia


E. BRANCH ON THE PEMIGEWASSETT R. ALONG THE KANCAMAGUS HWY IN NH


It's Sunday and I guess I am bored and looking through old images. Also fooling around with photo shop with the idea of something that looks to some as a little Remingtonesque.

Of course I could have put that in the title and really made for an unpronounceable sentence or fragment thereof.

Understand, I never claimed to be proficient in the structure of the sentence. I do remember somewhere back there, some English teacher trying to show us how to try to diagram a sentence. The operative word in that sentence is "Try". I also flunked biological science in college which consisted of noting but formulas and diagrams of some kind of weird link between this atom and that neutron or something. And thank the lord for spell check.

This is a pretty river. Even in a fog, produced by snow cover on a warming day at higher altitudes, it is crystal clear. I took a day off from fishing on the big lake to wander across the White Mountains and photograph. It was cold, wet, and a lot of snow on the mountain tops. If fact on some of the higher peaks, the weather closed in such that it was a little scary. This is one of the images I dragged out and I do like it.


The image measures only seven inches tall and seventeen wide, so I will have to create a special size frame for it. I think an antique white oak for the frame with some sepia toning and a simple white mat. Got to look into that.


Now I'm kinda excited about it and no longer bored!



No comments:

Post a Comment