Saturday, February 6, 2010

The "Epic" sixth day of the second month of the year of the Camellia


Dedicated to all my friends in the Mid Atlantic!


I made this image somewhere in North Carolina, I think! I believe it was on a trip to the lower outer banks to see the lighthouse at Cape Lookout. The exact location is in question but I think it is north and east of Morehead City, NC. At any rate it was in the boonies and I really don't believe that there is such a town, locale, municipality, or city called "Misery". It does not google. Probably just a locals idea of his own circumstances.

It may be apropos of what is going on with the Epic Snow Storm currently delighting kids from Indiana to Atlantic City. But I am sure the parents of same are about fed up.

"Fixin to go out and shovel again Ma"!............"Take the kids with ya, get em out of my hair"

I remember those days as my father said................."Here Shovel"!

Then I got older and found that snow was a financial blessing, as were all the old people on the block who could afford ten bucks to have their driveway cleared. Lord what we did for $10 back then. I moved more snow than I care to think about. No child labor laws, we just thought it was fun for someone to pay us to play in the snow.

Now I are an old people, but ten bucks doesn't get the top step cleared. The neighborhood kids for the most part are not as entrepreneurial as we were. Shame, we did have fun on such days.

For those in the Mid Atlantic, I hope you got all your super bowl supplies on Friday cause you likely won't on Saturday, and the game is on Sunday. But by then the super markets will be sold out. And the kids didn't come around to shovel. You can't even get to stuff off the windshield of the car, and the plow has built another mound at the end of the drive anyway.


There's only one answer!


Boxed Wine!


And here's to someplace, somewhere called Misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment