Friday, February 5, 2010

FIFTH DAY OF THE SECOND MONTH OF THE YEAR OF THE CAMELLIA


TRADE OFFS!

No matter how I try, I can't seem to get away from my wildlife roots. Well, not the kind I had in college where I flunked out after the second year..........but the natural kind like this mocking bird.

As an aside, I sold sewing machines door to door for a year until they would let me back into college. Bless you Penn State. All that is another story though!

By Monday, next week, I will have some announcements regarding a couple of online stores I am setting up. Maybe "Rush" is right (again) and the economy is not on a recovery, but you got to give it a shot just in case. I still think that the numbers from Washington will be manipulated as we approach the 2010 elections, but lets hope that the economy does honestly recover sooner rather than later regardless of who is right or wrong.

This bird was perched on a suet feeder just outside of our kitchen. Incidentally, that is now my new "Road Trip".....walking from the office to the kitchen.

So, I set up the camera just to take advantage of my going in there to get my morning and noon twigs and bark. That is what I am allowed to eat now that I am on a heart conscious diet. Every time I do that, I have to make the decision.....Is that roast beef sandwich worth a week or two of life? Or about 3000 points of cholesterol! Jeeeez, just don't get old and that will take care of such decisions. Settling for a bowl of oatmeal at 2:30 in the afternoon. Sushi is good, but that trade off is the cost of about twelve-teen bowls of oatmeal for one piece of raw fish.

Still nice picture of a bird that is trying to tell me something! Eat sunflower seeds you dummie, he's probably saying, as I eye a left over donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment