Sunday, May 30, 2010

The 29th day of the fifth month of the year of the Camellia

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED!

I am not sure that I have posted this link in previous blogs, but it is worth doing again.


When I lived in Maryland, I built a platform on the top of a piling about fifty feet away from my dock.  I had a pair of osprey nest there the first year, which is amazing in itself.  For some fifteen years, that nest has had, only what I can assume, the same pair laying eggs and raising as many as three offspring each year.  These birds will migrate as far as South America each year and spend their winters in those warmer climes.  But on (almost exactly to the day) March 15th, they are back at the nest to have at it again.  They then have to have their young ready to head south again by mid November.  An amazing thing really.  Please check out this neat web cam and below is one of my birds learning to make his first flight.






No comments:

Post a Comment