Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The 28th day of the 9th month of the year or the Camellia

I have some catching up to do.

First, I spent a weekend with about thirty or so of my high school friends at a mini-reunion in Seaside Park/Heights, NJ.

Just for the record you all look great and it was wonderful meeting again. 

After seeing all of the photographs on FB from that weekend, I can only say that there is a reason I don't like my photograph taken.  The best shots of me are on a wanted notice in some post office.  I just don't photograph well.  In my humble opinion that is.  I looked old, tired and grumpy.  I didn't think I was grumpy, but happy and was.  Old and tired I'll give you!

A group of us went on a nature walk in Island Beach State Park where we all got some photos.  I had forgotten just how beautiful that park can be, and here's the proof. 


This is one fine group of people whom I am proud to say have been and are my friends!



I had to put this in.  It is a piece of driftwood that looks eerily like a blue heron!



And finally some ingenious individual added this monument to the twin towers on the beach.



I'm not so sure the beer bottle was all that appropriate, but the imagery is unmistakable.

They say you can never go back.  I disagree!  A great number of fond memories were uncovered on that weekend and for that I wish to thank my classmates. 

Specifically seeing Tom again, and I hope he likes my humble donation to his collection.
Carol and Carol, it was great seeing you again and meeting your husbands...lucky guys.
Pam and Jack who did so much to make the weekend work.
Drude, you look just great.
Dennis, who somehow lost his shoes.
Meg and Karol you guys look fabulous.
And all the rest to whom 70 is just the new fifty.
Thanks so much!

I will be travelling again in Mid Oct and Mid Nov.  Both times for a show and visit with kids/ grand kids.  I will love to see the family, but kinda don't look forward to all the travel.  The reunion weekend was just a little over 1600 miles.  It seems it is taking me longer and longer to recover from those long drives on the road.  But after all in my business, one has to be a "Road Warrior"----it's just part of the biz!

Later! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Skip, for being our "Pied Piper," for being such a spirited part of what for me was a perfect time to renew acquaintances, enjoy old friends and take in all the beauty of that special place. I've always said, the "W"s in our class were the best group. Everything about the planning was personal and charming quite a tribute to Pam and Jack's talents. They made everyone feel special. So, I'm voting for a return in '13 -- same time, same place and next time I'm bringing a fishing rod .. will leave the surf board home!! Again, thanks for the great fun and beautiful photos. And, in case noone else told you, you look terrific ... enjoy your travel adventures and family. Warmest regards, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you Meg. I'm up for '13 too

    ReplyDelete