Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept. 13th, 2010

Not a scam, but as close as the law allows!

Check your phone bills. If there is a billing for $9.99 for "Premium Messaging", it's probably a game or some other unwanted offer from an online company. In my case they have been charging my phone for the past three months (yeah, my fault) and I had not authorized it or in any way asked for the service. The company, in my case, is called "2waytraffic", located in NYC, and owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment. While it all may not be a scam, and they do tell you they follow the law, it is right up there with real questionable. Somehow they got my cell number, probably from the web site, then started to charge me through Verizon. If you get a text from 787-77 just delete it. Then send a text to that number and say STOP. All caps and they will stop. Forget about any refunds, all their service reps can do is read the scripts (in broken English) they were given. Good luck, I guess we all have to be smarter about whatever we do with the phones and of course online. I am no computer guru, and know how to get around, but they got me because I was not diligent.  Sony....your Pres. is going to get a letter. Your corporate reputation is better than this company!

No comments:

Post a Comment