Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The fifteenth day of the ninth month of the year of the camellia

FIXIN TO TAKE OFF!


Going north and will write when I can.  I surprised this black duck outside Stevensville, MD a few years back.  This is pure wing shooting with the camera instead of a gun.  I can around a blind spot on a pond and he jumped.  Scared the *^&**^&*^ out of me but I got the shot.

This shot always reminds me of a photography friend from the deep south who I have not seen for years.  In checking out his website, I see he has been very active over the years. 

http://www.kirkpatrickwildlife.com/home.htm

He showed his work at the Easton Waterfowl for a couple of years and stayed with us in Chestertown.  His early work with waterfowl was simply outstanding with a lot of flight shots of ducks found in the swamps he frequented.  Check his website for some really good photography and some equally as good books.

No comments:

Post a Comment