Friday, April 29, 2011

The 29th day of the fourth month of the year of Emergence

I remember!


A little town of Crumpton, Maryland where there was a huge auction every Wednesday every week of the year.  Three football fields and a football field sized building of stuff.  Stuff from junk to antiques and works of art.  Pickers, collectors, dealers alike.  It was a ball and I bought some pretty good antique frames in which to put my work.  Miss it and the people I got to know.  I am sure some of the stuff was never placed in a home or shop....just the back of trucks going from auction to auction.  Even the Amish were present, either buying for their own needs or selling bake goods in the bakery.  Ever get up that way on a Wednesday, it is an experience in pure Americana.

No comments:

Post a Comment