Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The fifth of the fourth of the year of Emergence

We had a pretty stiff storm front move through about four this morning.  The temperature dropped at least thirty degrees.  No damage done other than to our Ambien induced beauty sleep.  Missy, our border collie mix still thinks that she can chase and herd the thunder.  I wrote some time ago about how she took off for about two hours during one such storm.  Took her two weeks to recover from that little trek.  It was one of those things when I found her, did not know whether to hug her to pieces because I found her or kick the stuffing out of her cause I was so mad. 

I found these images that I made some time ago on Assateague Island, Virginia.  The storm came in from offshore, but didn't quite make it to land.  Great photography op and we didn't even get wet from the rain. 


I framed the aftermath so that one could not tell it was beach side other than the sand.  Could well have been desert.



The bush beans I planted in the garden a week ago are just making their presence known, and the rest of the "Self Defense" garden is filling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment