Monday, July 18, 2011

The 18th day of the seventh month of the year of Emergence

The 18th!  Where does it go?

A newly assigned project of pain, frustration, and some would say just a plain waste of time.  Well, I get to do it and it sure beats the hell out of a nine to five. 

This is my new visitor!


For now we'll just call her "Corners". 

It is a she.  HE is part of the frustration, mine at least if not hers.  Just about the time she gets all set up to have a taste of the elixir I provide in the feeder, here-he comes.  Dive bombs her and chases her away from the feeder and of course from the camera lens.  I don't know if he is fearful for her because of my proximity or he's just horny and wants to play.  In either event, I can't get his photo and barley can get hers.  She will buzzzz within inches of my face just to say hello...hovering as if to say "You need a thousandth of a second shutter speed just to catch me"  HA! and is off.

Working on the lighting as well.  All the pieces will soon come together but in the process it's time consuming.  But fun to watch.  They are amazing little creatures who zip around faster than a fly it seems.  More to come, I hope.  And dont' forget to double click on the image for full screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment