Saturday, June 30, 2012

The 30th of June

Human Curiosity

I see spell check is out here, so you are just going to have to deal with my inability to spell and the gad (just double chcking there) grammar.

No matter how many years I spend on this planet, human behavior always seems to puzzle me.  Either it is truly amazing or I am just too dumb to recognize what really goes on.

The poor people out west are losing it all to an inferno, yet the TV spends mega time talking about Tom Cruise's divorce...Huh?


A simple flame could stir the heart to all kinds of things human.  Love and hate!  Passion or neglect!  Warmth or cold!  Weddings and divorce.  Even war! And we humans are right there demanding a front row seat!

Yesterday.   Mother Nature, neglect, stupidity, maybe even intent, but I doubt it, started a blaze in our little town.  A pretty big blaze but certainly nothing like the wildfires consuming parts of Utah and Colorado.  But a decent fire in itself.


OK, it's a big local fire.  Lots of smoke.  Lots of radio and TV coverage.  And lots of photographers (like me).  I guess my Mother was right.  I should have been a lawyer.  I just love to ambulance chase!  So I was one of them.  And then I stand back the next day and write about how amazed I am that so many people showed up to watch. 

I worked in New York City for 20 some odd years,,,,and they were odd,,,, and spent most of my lunch hours just wandering around the city people watching.  Unbelievable what you can see when you open your eyes.  A soda and a "Dirty water dog" for lunch and I had an hour just to watch what people were doing.  Truly incredible.  Try it some time.


I understand that it was some kind of plastic or petroleum based re-cycling plant.  Well, I guess they found a way to re-cycle the re-cycling plant.  But my point is, I have never seen so much vehicular traffic on our little streets. 

Stick yer nose up in the air, see the smoke and follow it.  That seems to be the credo for us ambulance chasers.

Yesterday, 113 degrees here on the south side of the Sun.  I'm going out now and watch my bird bath boil.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize it was so hot in SC. Our 90s don't seem so bad; and our coastal towns are lower. Is your area having any brush fires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Anita,
    I missed your comment somehow. Not that I know of re: forest fires. But it has been hot. I can do 105 for awhile, but over 110 and I melt just like candy...lol. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete