Thursday, October 25, 2012

10 25 12

Left Friday Back Tuesday!
 
I spent the better part of last week and this travelling to Hereford Inlet Lighthouse to do the NJ Lighthouse Challenge.  I have shown there for 10 of the last twelve years and it was wonderful visiting with new friends and old.  I have not done a show in two years and it was fun to see that the old BS ability is still with me. 
 
 
Here you can see me conning a new victim, while Sam the Barbary pirate looks on.  It's good to have an old friend handy to correct one's approach.  Like--"$250?  You just charged the previous guy only $200!"  Thanks Sam....a big help.  But we do have fun.  This image was taken late on Sunday and most of the hanging stuff had been sold.  Which is a good thing!  It was a good weekend for sales but prices had to be down and I did get rid of a lot of inventory.
 
We rode up from South Carolina on the "Blue Hair Highway', stayed overnight on Friday at my son's beach house in Delaware, and took the Lewes/Cape May ferry across the Delaware Bay on Saturday morning.
 
 
The ferry enabled me to get a few images of the two lighthouses at Cape Henlopen and a couple of the light at Cape May.  It is a nice trip but a round trip ticket is over $80 for a car and two people, so it probably would not be a good choice for a daily commute.  Last time I made the trip two years ago it was around fifty.......so there ya are!  Inflation!
 
We spent Monday doing R&R.
 

And wandering on an almost deserted boardwalk in Ocean City, MD.  I always get a bit of a sad feeling for the boardwalk after all the people have gone and the weather is cooler.  But that's just me.  The color and romance (?) of the place still can be found.

 
And that image my friend is why they invented color film a million years ago.  More tomorrow if my feet hit the floor.  Good to be back.
 

 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Skip. Glad to have you back on the blog. I have fond memories of the Lewes/Cape May ferry because I used it frequently to visit my parents in Cape May Courthouse when I lived in Virginia in the late 60s. The cost was nowhere near what you had to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Anita, times do change. Two years ago it was fifty something.

    ReplyDelete