Monday, October 8, 2012

Good News....for some but not me!

I will be giving you guys a rest for the next three or four days....Got hit by the FBI virus and it's a minimum $200 fix....Sheeeeeeesh!  I understand that it is the virus of the moment and that a lot of people have been destroyed by same.

 I even called the local FBI office to confirm it...we had a laugh or two at my expense.  But the guy was nice about it.

 You get a screen that obliterates all else on your puter....But, it says if you pay them $200 bucks (same as the geek squad ... hummm?), they will give your computer back.  Don't do it as it is obviously a scam.  The screen tells you that the FBI has frozen your computer...ain't them.  Just take the machine to your local computer fixit guru, pay his bill, get a better anti virus program, and pray it doesn't happen again.  C ya in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about this one a couple months ago. Sorry that it's happened to your machine. Let me know if Geek Squad doesn't take care of you, and I can refer you to a really good tech place in W. Cola

    ReplyDelete