Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

July first .... Huh?  What happened to April?  Yes all my younger friends time does fly and as you get older it goes so fast that you can't even remember Saturday because it's Monday and you can't even remember why your in that room looking for something in the first place ... but what was it?

I have been asked by people far smarter than I .... Why is my grammar so bad and if it were not for spell check even I know it was spelt wrong.  Yep, I do proof read but when you have no idea in the first place what's wrong, how do you expect to be able to correct something that a retired English teacher catches?  I love retired English teachers, don't get me wrong.  I just feel they all should be on
Downton Abbey (?).  I do love phonetics to, don't you?  But proofreading, now that's an art!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the praise, Skip. I was an English Teacher for 5-6 years and later a proofreader for a corporation. ;-) Now I'm a writer. But I'm still prone to errors, especially when I type too fast and post too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do that all the time Anita, but don't really care. And the older I get the less I care....lol. People get the idea and thanks for reading and commenting. Wish more would.

    ReplyDelete