Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The 25th day of the 8th month of the year of the OP


HIGH AND DRY


It always amazes me when I am out photographing what I stumble upon. This image was made when visiting the old lighthouse at Scituate, Mass. The fog was in and I made some great shots of the light.


The tide was out and this skiff was left high and dry on a rocky beach waiting not only for owner but water as well. The curve of the beach and fog lent depth to the texture of the color of the rocks in the image. All in all a bonus to what I was there for in the first place.

The story of the old lighthouse is that during the revolutionary war as the English were approaching the harbor to attack, the light keeper's daughters played a fife and drum creating the illusion of an on shore army. Thus, keeping the English at bay and saving the small town of Scituate from attack. Fact or legend?

No comments:

Post a Comment