Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'M BAAAAACK! 23rd day of the eighth month


Getting caught up. Spent Thursday and Friday last in Charleston, SC walking and taking photos.

Eat at a few of the best seafood restaurants around, including the one where at which the accompanying photo was made.

http://www.fleetlanding.net/


We had a waterside table to watch the back side of the sunset and as luck would have it a small regatta was taking place. The offshore storms were probably related to, not part of hurricane Bob, but formed a perfect background as did the four masted schooner and Fort Sumpter. The Fleet Landing is a not too expensive Charleston restaurant with great service and good fresh fish. If anyone is interested in making a trip down there, email me and I will provide a list of such places to eat. Remember, it is a destination tourist town and reservations are a must.

A quick personal note. The week before on Wednesday I had a stint put in my chest and was home on Thursday. Just incredible our medical system! Don't talk to me otherwise! The staff, doctors and nurses at Providence Heart Hospital her in Columbia, SC were fantastic. Not to mention my superb cardiologist, Dr. Stuck, to whom I probably owe my life.

http://www.providencehospitals.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment