Thursday, August 6, 2009

The sixth day of the eighth month of the year of the OP


"ROCK'N ROBIN"



Used to be a song by that name and some of my Westfield High School buds will remember dancing to that or just hanging out in the car outside of Shades and listening. Or was that another era.



God where has it gone!



This lady, and I know it is a lady, was angry with me as I was approaching too close to her nest. A long lens got me closer but she was still not pleased with the intrusion. In photographing wildlife, there is a thin line one just does not cross before the critter is too stressed to be worth a photo.



This gal was on the very edge of that stress and trying to pass it on to me. Took a couple dozen shots to round out the angry robin file and thanked her gratuitously.



When photographing songbirds, I look for facial features and or character. There are just too many birds standing on a post for a normal photo to stand out. Of course there is one bird who does stand out on his post and has made his owner, my friend, Michael Smith a very wealthy man. That of course is the "Mad Bluebird", and the image is one of a kind.


http://www.themadbluebird.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment