Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The 26th day of the 8th month of the year of the OP


A TRIPLE HEADER!



Three of my loves. Photography. Fishing. Lighthouses.



The magic hour just before sunset at the Nubble in Maine. Nubble Lighthouse in York Beach, Maine is a special place, and just in the right light. This spot attracts all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons.

http://www.lighthouse.cc/capeneddick/

The lighthouse itself is on a rock offshore called a Nubble and the crowd forms onshore along a large parking lot just to look at the light, the rocks, and the ocean. In this case a few fishermen and a whole bunch of other people doing all kinds of things including photography, painting, and just plain gawking.

The fly fisherman, my sport too, said that he caught a striper just about every evening that he fished. I really did want to put the camera down and join him. But the light was just too good and the fishing option wasn't there for me. Besides, I wasn't armed with my tackle. So, I had to settle to fish vicariously through another fly fisherman and his lighthouse. A rare gift, albeit unplanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment