Monday, March 1, 2010

The first day of the third month of the year of the Camellia


March normally comes in like a lion, or so it is said. Today, here, will be sunny and fifty five....but rain and perhaps snow coming in tonight. Probably so because after all it is March first.

When my grand kids are around we generally end up going over to the Riverbanks Zoo. It gives them something new to see and gets us out of the house where two kids, two dogs, and a bird can drive normal people directly up the wall in a brief period of time.

I always say that's why God made sure kids, my kids age, had kids. And not kids my age. My patience is just not what it used to be and well -----I've earned that. Lack of patience that is. I have reached the age where people simply say, "Well of course he acts that way...look at how old he is" I treasure Seniors day at the super market...........Hell I earned it! And discounts on movie tickets. I even got a "Lifetime" hunting and fishing license in South Carolina just by becoming a certain age. I mean, can it get any better than that? There goes that old fool again. I love it! But I digress.

On this trip to the zoo, the lady lion------not a female athlete at Penn State-------took exception to my photographing her. Look at the intent stare, the crouched position, and with about a dozen people next to me watching. It was I, she was looking at. And I think she thought I was lunch! I mean the whole center of her universe was directed towards me at that moment and no one else. It was kinda unsettling and gave me the feeling that I truly was disturbing her.

Normally when you go to the zoo the animals seem bored. The Brown bear is laying on his back doing nothing but exposing himself. The tigers are being haughty and just lying there amongst the bamboo. The baboons are busy picking bugs off of each other (and eating them), while other monkeys are screaming their lungs out at each other. The elephants are carrying a bunch of hay on their heads in case the feeders forget to do their job. And the Galapagos turtles are always trying to mate, I guess because that function seems to take about six months to complete, or so it seems. Hey--------------honey-----------------what's-----------------your---------sign?

But this lion!

I had the feeling that I really was in Africa and was bait!

Welcome March, now I gotta go out and find a lamb or a lamb chop!

No comments:

Post a Comment