Thursday, April 1, 2010

The day of Fools of the 4th month of the year of the Camellia

HAPPY DAY OF FOOLS!
Go out and see who you can catch!

Only once in my life can I admit that my staff caught me on this April Fools Day.

  I must admit to usually not knowing what day it is, and when I get busy I am concentrating on what I am doing and not what other people around me do.  When I worked in Downtown Manhattan a hundred years ago, my secretary gave me a message to call Mr. Beahr at a certain phone number.  I was busy...what can I say.  Of course the number was for the Bronx Zoo!

A friend asked me the other night whether I had a good photo of the Gervais St. Bridge here in Columbia.  I had to admit that I was probably the only artist in South Carolina who had not published an image of that bridge.

It seems that every small town, city, mega-center has their own Icon.  In the case of Columbia, one of the sites to see is the bridge.  So here it is and from an angle I have not seen out on the street before.  Taken from the up stream side and showing the capitol in the background.  It has the good light of the magic hour as well.


Even little town, such as Chestertown Maryland, population around 4,000 has an icon.  In their case it is the fountain in the town center.  It has been painted by so many artists that I think they use a roller to get the job done.


And of course in Washington, it's got to be the Washington Monument.


Now I will tell you that I took all these photographs out of magazines and scanned them into my computer to put on here!




No comments:

Post a Comment