Sunday, August 15, 2010

The 15th day of the 8th month of the year of the Camellia

FRIGGATRISKAIDELKAPHOBIA

Yep, that's why I haven't written in two days.  First day because of the event and another just to make sure.

As some of you know, I'm old and just a little slow with things anymore and when some outside, out of my control, unforeseen force is in the air................I listen!

That day started out with simple things that my hands have done for years.  Almost automatic.  No real thought as to process, but going through the motion not realizing the day in time was taking away not only part of the process but allot of the outcome.  First thing I did was cut a finger with a box cutter.

OK, not a big deal.  Clean cut!  Let it bleed out a bit.  A touch of neo-sporin, and a band aid or two.

Then things began dropping to the floor............obviously just so I would have to bend a 70 year old back to pick them up.  I mean you don't drop things on purpose.

And of course every time I would walk into a room, I would forget what I was doing in there.  Even the dogs were watching me with uncomprehending concern.  The bird just sat there as squawked everytime I passed.  After all, he has a brain the size of an overcooked pee! Sometimes I think that might not be a bad thing-----At least somebody takes care of his every need (Most of the time).  Well, we haven't given him a playmate and that might be a little stressful......or not!

Finally, on one of my trips to get something or other from another room......the guy on Fox News said with a huge, unusually bright toothed grin, "after all folks it is Friday the 13th".  Those people on TV......They're hair never moves.  Ever notice that.  And does their make-up go below their necklines?
And what happens to their skin after fourty years of that goo they put on?
  Hey this is important stuff here!

I have now gone through the next two years of calendar and marked each of those nasty days.  That was a precarious couple of hours and I even put big black circles around April 15th.  Now I know I have to do something on those days too.

And
 have since been tucked away in my cave until this thing passes over. 



That is the inside of a real cave taken some years ago in Barbados.

As it is now Sunday and soon we with be into Monday, I think that I can start being productive again without fear.


2 comments:

  1. Pam writes
    "Enjoyed the blog today, although I know it is not fun going through cuts, dropping things, bending and memory loss in our senior years. When helping the teens make their milkshakes at youth the other night, my son pointed out that my finger... was bleeding...not sure how or when that happened, but annoyed I did not know it. The last thing anyone wanted was a bloody milkshake! He immediately got a tiny butterfly bandage out of the first aid kit...what? How do I use this on a little finger cut? Took at least five minutes trying to figure out how to put it on. Son felt bad and he was just trying to help...I realize. I wore the butterfly band aid for two days...constantly trying to adhere back on my fingernail. The cave picture is beautiful. Sailboats are another favorite. Enjoying your blogs...another favorite! Looking forward to your photography nature walk in September. Have to end now...have to go...somewhere...I am not sure where...but know when I get there...I will know where I am...at least I hope I will."

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Judy said,
    "Some days are better than others....sometimes I feel like a total dork, and sometimes I feel young (ish) lol!"

    ReplyDelete