Thursday, August 19, 2010

The 19th day of the 8th month of the year of the Camellia

SHE'S IN THE DOGHOUSE NOW!

Last night I spent two wonderful hours riding around in one of the most vicious lightning and rain storms I have seen in a while.  No time for photos as I was looking for Missy, one of our pets.  She had taken off after thunder!  It was raining cats.....no dogs to be found.

Here she is in better times!


This photo has actually published!

CHA-----CHING!


When I last saw her, last night, this was not the end I was looking at.  She has a habit of barking and chasing lightning and thunder.  Once her mind is set she's gone and dove out the front door in about a six inch space.  Headed west at about thirty mph.  Last I saw of her for two hours.  And in a metropolitan area.

Thanks to all the neighbors, the Cayce Neighborhood Association, the police, Animal Control, Aubrey, and Dave for all their efforts.  I found her, finally, soaked to the skin and almost totally exhausted from her jaunt.

She knew she was in the dog house when I got her home!



If the dog had been a "He" by the time I got him home, he would have been an "It"! 
But she's not even a "She". 
Just glad she's home!
And thanks to all who helped.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just glad that Missy is home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aubrey,
    she looked nothing like this last night.

    ReplyDelete