Friday, November 20, 2009

The 20th day of the 11th month of the year of the OP




THE TRIP NORTH IS NOW IN THE CAN

As you my faithful and enlightened readers are aware I have been travelling for a show at Easton, MD and a shoot in Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.

To report on the economics of the art world, as narrowly defined by the Waterfowl Festival in Easton, I am happy to report that sales have held their own in this year of business woe. It is really a mixed bag. But just as the price of gold has soared this past year, evidently high end art is being sought as either a good investment or hedge against something still coming. Inflation, deflation, or just grumpy stuff! My problem is that I should have doubled or tripled my prices (already high) and then I would have done allot better. At least I made expenses, saw the kids/grand kids, and got some new photo stock. I did sell out of the tree frog and have to make more prints to fill orders.

He was the subject of an article in the local newspaper on Friday and Saturday.

Yahooooooooooo!

I drove about 1,700 miles and the old green beast crossed over the 300,000 mile mark as I passed over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Some milestone. Good ole For E'plorer just keeps pickin em up n put em down. All she's needed was a new transmission around the 200,000 mark and soon this 1991 will qualify as an antique, just like her owner. I've got to get something newer, but will probably keep the ford for shows, fix her up, and save her for the antique market.

The bottom photo is my booth at the show. I was on center stage with two other photographers. I guess because I was the senior citizen, I deserved the respect for having shown there for the past twenty years. Either that or I was the unpaid entertainment for the whole bunch. The top photo is of the frog who is becoming a rock star in his own right. He did outsell any other single image at the show. More to come about the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment