Saturday, November 21, 2009

21st day of the 11th month of the year of the OP


ANOTHER DAY OF FISHING WHERE ALL I CAUGHT WAS THE MONEY SHOT

I went fishing with my next door neighbor yesterday and we caught nothing, but thankyou, thankyou Phillip.

Absolutely nothing on Lake Murray where there are all kinds of fish.
Shows to go ya, just how good we are!

Temperatures were in the seventies, very light breeze, all the colors in the trees which are now turning down here in South Carolina.

I am certainly glad our daily bread doesn't depend upon our angling abilities. We saw a number of large mouth bass, and some of pretty good size but they were obviously not thrilled by our offerings.

I did get the "Money Shot" of this great blue heron.
We were pulling into a small cove where the wind was nil, the water flat, and all kinds of signs which simply said "FISH".
Sure, lotsa fish but no bites. The heron was standing like a statue in the back of the cove and as my neighbor took the boat slowly to the back, I knew the bird would take flight. These birds look awkward at best most of the time, but you can get some pretty artistic shots of them depending upon weather, light, and location.
A flight shot, for me, has always been hard to get and keep the eye sharp. We did it yesterday and here's the proof. I didn't even have to crop the image, getting him in the right one third of the frame. Must be getting better. Thanks Mr. long legs of the water's edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment