Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The 3rd day of the 11th month of the year of the OP



"OLD ROCKY TOP"


Probably not, but a few mountains in Tennessee in the Great Smokie National Park.

Breathtaking place where we should take our children and grandchildren just to stand in awe.

I made this image two falls ago and it has been "tweeked" to enhance the shadows and colors but it is pretty much as I saw it that day.

I will be taking this piece among others to the Easton Waterfowl in Maryland for a show the 13Th, 14Th, and 15Th of this month. I hope that some of you might join us. It is fun and some of the best wildlife artists in the country will be showing. Plan on two days to see everything from all the artistic disciplines, including painting, carving, sculpture, and of course photography.

http://www.waterfowlfestival.org/

The photographers will be located in the Talbot County Historical Society building where we have been for the past 19+ years. It is on the second floor but there is an elevator for the weary. At last count there will be thirteen photographers, all with some pretty fine work. Here for fun is a partial list of some of their websites.

Of course if you go to the festival website, all the people who are showing are listed and most of them have websites. So if you like to spend a day just oooogling at wildlife art, these pages are pretty cool.
I just noticed that this is the 39Th year of the festival and it dawned on me that I have been there for 19. Wow, how did I get so old. But I like to think that I have gotten better in my profession over those years. Only the Ka-Ching at the end of the day will tell.











No comments:

Post a Comment