Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The 7th day of the 12th month of the year of the Camellia

I sit here on the coldest morning since last February or maybe it was January.  We had 21 degrees in central South Carolina this morning, and I understand that the cold front extends well into Florida.  It's supposed to be in the mid teens in New Hampshire tomorrow morning, but today looks clear up there with a brisk wind and a chill factor well below my thermal underwear.

Christmas always seems to bring a dozen chores which have to be done before noon each day and when I write them down there always seems to be carry overs on the list from the previous day.  How did I manage when I actually had a job? Such is life I suppose, but I have neglected the blog too long.  .

This morning even the bird seems to be quiet.  Maybe he died of the cold over night.  I don't want to look because it will start him squawking, and that will last long into the night.  And I might have to get him a bowl of hot chicken soup.



The "Chee-Wa-Wa", called "McGee" , isn't moving for anything and just growls and bears his teeth at me when I approach him.



Missy, just gives me that leave me alone, I'm busy, but if you insist, look!



Maybe, I should just treasure the quiet around here.  Get another cup of coffee and go back to work on the dreaded list.  After all I do need to get ready for my nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment