Friday, December 10, 2010

The 10th day of the 12th month in the year of the Camellia

New gallery called "Arsty Fartsy" in a "Strip mall", where I have just hung a bunch of artwork. It is on the north side of Knox Abbott drive between 9th and 10th streets.  Right across from the truck rental place,  down the street from three automobile repair places, and up the street from four fast food joints.  Only me! They are open from 2:00 till 7:00 each day.



TACKY, HUH?

I know, only I can find a gallery by that name and quality.  Well, it's better than hanging on my wall in the office and just maybe we find a victim or three.  Lets hope!  I suspect that I am the old "Fartsy" part of that name, but I have no part in the ownership, and that is a good thing.

We went to a serious Columbia Christmas Pageant at the First Baptist Church tonight.  I was afraid the place would be struck by lightning when the good Lord found that I was attending, but then again it would probably have just been payback.  The new Governor elect, Nikki Haley and her family were in attendance so that probably held off any personal retribution.  We have gone in the last couple of years and it is a spectacular.  The topic of the mini sermon seemed to be directed  specifically to me.  The part in the Bible where the prodigal son leaves home, leaves his "Father", losses himself in sin.........But is welcomed back by the Father with his sins forgiven.  I'm working on it privately but the story just hit a little too close to home.  Forgive me Father for I have sinned.  Amen.

Oh, and by the heat pump was fixed yesterday, and it did get up to almost 70 outside.  Wouldn't ja know?  We had maintained temps above sixty inside the house for two days by closing up most of the rooms and burning copious amounts of wood in the fireplace.  Evidently the breaker switch on the heat exchanger part of the heat pump was burning itself up and had to be replaced.  So there you go.....we can dial down Christmas presents by another notch. 

God bless ya Murphy!

No comments:

Post a Comment