Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DEC. 29TH, A retrospective of the year of the Camellia

RETROSPECTIVE 2010



We used to make resolutions that we sprung on people, friends, neighbors, and family on the night of the last day of the year.   Resolutions fraught with remorse and/or anticipation.  Resolutions lubricated with ample amounts of adult beverages.  Resolutions barely remembered the morning after the night before. 

Well, I've aged!  Resolutions will not longer do me any good even if they were richly lubricated, which they will not.

But in retrospect, it has been a decent year.  I never got to the "Doughnut hole" in my prescription drug plan.  My social security check has only lost about five dollars in the last three years due to growing charges against the prescription plan and lack of inflation (yeah, right).

The economy is still about where it was a year ago despite all the money spent by the "Morons" and charged to my grand kids.  The stock market, as an indicator of I don't know what anymore, is holding steady.  Probably due to all the buying and support by that Bernaki guy in Washington.  But as a warning, George Soros is still shorting the dollar in his rampage of the destruction of this country via his hoodlum puppets in DC.

On a local level, people still can't get a job for the most part but we have a new republican governess and hope springs eternal.

Personally, I did only four shows during the Camellia's reign.  One show was the best I have ever done, another was 300% better than the year of the Owl Pellet, another 100% better, and the third doesn't count because it was a first year show.  The rest of the sales starting with publications and wholesale were dismal.  Guess it's my pretty face that does it, or maybe just my Orwellian rants.

There are a couple of things I will strive to do better in "Eleven".  First, I will turn my underwear inside out before putting them in the laundry.  Why is it, that every time they come out of the dryer the shorts, specifically, are alwas inside out?  Not to mention the tee-shirts.  Also, if you leave dollar bills in the pockets of a pair of pants they come out all rolled up---------individually?  Both of them.  Last time I had ten dollars in my pockets, the pants belonged to someone else.

I will probably try to do more business this next year.  Remember the "Pet Rock"?  Maybe a Pet Stick would work.  Or two sticks then they could be dressed up.  Packaged nicely with camo wrapping on the box.  Probably sell well in West Virginia or some other Appalachian state.  No harm intended there.

Oh, and yeah!  I need to work on improving my art.  Forgot about that, what with all these other pressing matters to consider.  And there are those two books I want to write.  Maybe I'll just put them on CD and let the grand kids try to get them published, after I've died and became famous.  I'm not afraid of dying.  I just don't want it to happen to me.  Have far too much to do in the next "Year of the ------------"

No comments:

Post a Comment