Friday, January 14, 2011

The 14th day of the first month of the year of Emergence

Here's a trick for you.  Put a full length mirror on the floor, a chair above it, a Hostess Twinkie on the mirror.  Stand on the chair, and try to pick up the Twinkie with your mouth. 

No hands now!

That's what these guys have to do. 
1) Stand in or above cold water for long periods of time not moving, 
2) see their breakfast swimming along,
and 3) be fast and accurate enough to grab it.

  Oh and I forgot, you gotta stand on one foot!


Aren't you glad we've evolved and have opposing thumbs and all that?

Next time I am out to dinner, I will have to remember not to turn my nose up at what is being served and to thank my hostess with as much graciousness as I can muster.  BTW, have you seen the price of food lately?  Are victory gardens are next?  Wonder how they will tax them!  Just food for thought, I'm going to go and have my oatmeal now!

No comments:

Post a Comment