Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The 11th day of the fifth month of the year of Emergence

This is another of my Chincoteague Island great blue herons.  This guy is dressed left for some reason and is obviously giving something or somebody a "Craaaaaaaaaaaaank" or two.  That really isn't the sound they make but is as close as I can get.  I think the Michner did a better job of their call in his epic "Chesapaeake", but I try.  By the way, if you can get through the first fifty or so pages of Michner he is a wonderful read.

These blue herons weigh in at only around two and half pounds, but with all the feathers they look much bigger.  Big wing spans too.  I am not sure why I like this image except he is talking left and the grass texture leans to the left.  The focus leaves something to be desired as well, but the overall scene pleases me.  The distant background frames the subject as well.  Remember to double click the image for full screen and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment