Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Fifth of the Fifth of the Eleventh, the year of Emergence

A face book friend wrote a short story about her son who, as kids do, caused family turmoil with a skateboard injury.  My comment was that the Lord puts kids on this earth just to provide the parents with some stress and strain.  Sort of parental educational kind of thing.  A test.  In the long run, it's OK.  The growing process that is.  At least with my kids it turned out pretty darn well. 

But speaking of tests...........



My bird feeder is simply built as a trap to lure unsuspecting song birds within camera range so that I can make an image that, God forbid, someone wants to buy. 

 I sell photographs. 

 The good Lord also has a great sense of humor, unless you hadn't noticed.  This rodent, yep they are rodents right up there with mice and rats....don't let the bushy tail fool you, is one of about two hundred thousand or so that consume copious amounts of MY black oil sunflower seed on MY songbird lure.

The age old question is how to get rid of them.  Well, you don't.  They're just like kids in that respect. You have to deal with them in the hopes that they will become better squirrels and use somebody else's back yard feeder.  And when they become of age, you just have to hope that you implanted the right values in their little heads.

If that fails, let the border collie mix chase them.  But since she can't climb all she does is delay the inevitable. 

I'm thinking pepper spray.  But then would I do that to my own kids?  Probably not, but it might have  come to mind at times.

The base of the problem is that you people don't want to buy photos of squirrels.  If you did, I would have a million of em.  Yep, that's the basic problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment